does that sound gross?
well it's not, so don't knock it until you try it.
this recipe is the 'gateway smoothie' to help you come over to the veggie-side, plus making it at home you can save the environment & a few spendy bucks!
here's what you'll need to start you off:
1 small cucumber (or half of a large one) - peeled if not organic
1 generous handful of spinach (washed of course)
1/2 a lemon
a little water (like half a cup)
and now what to do:
- wash your veggies
- get your blender out
- cut cucumber into chunks
- de-pitt avocado (& yes, de-skin it too), cut into chunks
- place the spinach in the blender first, then pile in the cucumber & avocado
- add in water
- squeeze the lemon over the veggies in the blender
- put the top on the blender & smoothify your veggies
- pour into 1 large glass (or 2 smaller glass to share) or you can pour it in a bowl to enjoy it as a cold soup (great for hot days!)